REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD operates under a Corporate Governance “Policy and Code of Conduct” charter which embraces the principles and recommendations set out in The National Code of Corporate Governance for Mauritius (2016), and as such the Company is committed to high standards of corporate governance.
The Company affirms its commitment to the principles of openness, integrity and accountability.
Company Management has been tasked with the responsibility of ensuring that both Management and Staff of the Company are aware of the Company’s commitment to good corporate governance.
All the staff has received the REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD, Code of Business Conduct’, which is a summary of the basic principles which they must all adhere to.
'Code of Business Conduct'
- No law will be violated when conducting business for or on behalf of REHM Grinaker.
- The occupational health, safety and welfare of employees must never be compromised in the pursuit of any objective, of REHM Grinaker.
- REHM Grinaker has a zero-tolerance policy on bribery & fraud. Fraud/bribery by employees is a serious offence and carries the consequence of summary dismissal and criminal conviction.
- Any possible conflict of interest in handling REHM Grinaker’s affairs must be avoided and employees must perform their duties conscientiously, honestly and in accordance with the best interests of REHM Grinaker and its shareholders.
- Employees will not derive personal advantage from their position in REHM Grinaker, nor will they acquire any business interest which could divert their energy from company responsibilities. They will not participate in any activity that is potentially in conflict with REHM Grinaker’s interest or which could be perceived to impair their independence.
- REHM Grinaker has a Zero Gift Policy.
- REHM Grinaker’s funds, property and assets will be used only for legitimate business purposes. Strict internal control and governance procedures of the highest order will be introduced and enforced to discourage bribery / fraud and safeguard the interest of REHM Grinaker.
- Accurate and reliable records will be kept which fairly reflect all business transactions in terms of statements of International Financial Reporting Standards, for REHM Grinaker to properly manage its affairs and meet its legal, financial and reporting obligations. Personal and business information gained in the course of business dealing will be safeguarded and its privacy respected.
- REHM Grinaker will uphold its employment policy which requires that opportunity be offered to all employees. The individuality of each person, their right to freedom of association and to absolute privacy in this regard will be respected. Harassment of any form, including sexual harassment, will be viewed in a very serious light and appropriate disciplinary action taken.
- REHM Grinaker’s people are unquestionably its most important asset. Through careful selection, ongoing development, performance based management and fair reward, every person in the Company will be encouraged to realise their full potential. REHM Grinaker is fully committed to its core value of Safety, Accountability, Integrity, Client Satisfaction, and Employee Fulfilment.
- REHM Grinaker will strive to be a leading corporate citizen, working to improve the overall quality of life and to achieve sustainable economic development at all levels, in line with Our Vision of BUILD A BETTER FUTURE.
- REHM Grinaker will promote policies and operating procedures that conserve resources and minimize the environmental impact of its business activities.
- REHM Grinaker, and its officers will seek to build an atmosphere of openness and trust through regular, timeous and courteous communication with all stakeholders.