REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD operates under a Corporate Governance “Policy and Code of Conduct” charter which embraces the principles and recommendations set out in The Corporate Governance Report for Mauritius dated October 2003, and as such the Company is committed to high standards of corporate governance.
The Company affirms its commitment to the principles of openness, integrity and accountability.
Company Management has been tasked with the responsibility of ensuring that both Management and Staff of the Company are aware of the Company’s commitment to good corporate governance.
All the staff has received the REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD, Code of Business Conduct’, which is a summary of the basic principles which they must all adhere to.
'Code of Business Conduct'
- No law will be violated when conducting business for or on behalf of REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD.
- The occupational health, safety and welfare of employees should never be compromised in the pursuit of any objective, of REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD.
- REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD has a zero tolerance policy on bribery & fraud. Fraud/bribery by employees is a serious offence and carries the consequence of summary dismissal and criminal conviction
- Any possible conflict of interest in handling the REHM-Grinaker’s affairs will be avoided and employees will perform their duties conscientiously, honestly and in accordance with the best interests of REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD and its shareholders.
- Employees will not derive personal advantage from their position in REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD, nor will they acquire any business interest which could divert their energy from company responsibilities. They will not participate in any activity that is potentially in conflict with REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD’s interest or which could be perceived to impair their independence. Employees will not accept gifts, hospitality, or other favours from suppliers or potential suppliers of goods or services, subcontractors which, in the view of their immediate line superior or colleagues would be unwise, potentially sending the wrong message to subordinates and/or placing the recipient or REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD under perceived obligation.
- REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD ’s funds, property and assets will be used only for legitimate business purposes. Strict internal control and governance procedures of the highest order will be introduced and enforced to discourage bribery / fraud and safeguard the interest of REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD.
- Accurate and reliable records will be kept which fairly reflect all business transactions in terms of statements of International Financial Reporting Standards, for REHM-Grinaker to properly manage its affairs and meet its legal, financial and reporting obligations. Personal and business information gained in the course of business dealing will be safeguarded and its privacy respected.
- REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD will uphold its employment policy which requires that opportunity be offered to all employees. The individuality of each person, their right to freedom of association and to absolute privacy in this regard will be respected. Harassment of any form, including sexual harassment, will be viewed in a very serious light and appropriate disciplinary action taken.
- REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD’s people are unquestionably its most important asset. Through careful selection, ongoing development, performance based management and fair reward, every person in the Company will be encouraged to realise their full potential. REHM-Grinaker’s is fully committed to its core values of Safety, Accountability, Integrity, Client Satisfaction, Employee Fulfilment.
- REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD will strive to be a leading corporate citizen, working with employees, their families, local communities and society at large to improve the overall quality of life and to achieve sustainable economic development at all levels, in line with Our Vision of BUILD A BETTER FUTURE. REHM-Grinaker will promote policies and operating procedures that conserve resources and minimize the environmental impact of its business activities. Finally, REHM GRINAKER CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD, and its officers will seek to build an atmosphere of openness and trust through regular, timeous and courteous communication with all stakeholders.